I believe we all have the capacity to change and make the most of our potential, whatever has happened to us in the past. I have seen first-hand that it is possible to lead a happy, fulfilled life with the right support in place. We all know life has its ups and downs but it can be hard to view these times as opportunities for growth. It is this fresh perspective I am able to bring to my clients. I am convinced of the transformative power of counselling, a view formed through my research and training, as well as my own very positive experience of counselling. I believe that anyone can benefit from counselling at any stage of life, in crisis or not.
I work from a quiet, private consulting room in Lewes and in a well appointed clinic in Hove. I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and the Professional Standards Authority. I hold a BACP postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and have completed the following additional training:
- Adult and Child Safeguarding training with CRI (2014) and additional Child Safeguarding training with Dialogue (2015)
- Suicide Prevention Training with ASIST (2015)
- Working with Men’s Issues with Psychotherapy Excellence (2015)
- Specialist Trauma Training at Wealden college (2013-4); Summerhayes Counselling (2012); and Psychotherapy Excellence (2016)
- Working with Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse (Summerhayes 2013 and BACP 2016)
- Working with Alcohol Dependent Clients and their significant others with Action for Change (2012) and CRI (2014)
- Transactional Analysis (TA) 101 Certificate (2012)
- Neurolinguistic Programming for Counsellors (2017)
- Working with Shame, Brighton Therapy Partnerships (2017)
- Diploma in specialist psychotherapy with Ex boarders Nick Duffell et al. (2017/18)
- Working with family Estrangement:Stand Alone(2019)
I am a member of professional counselling organisations. I am also listed as a specialist therapist on www.boardingrecovery.com For more details visit Resources
In addition to my specialist training as a counsellor, I have many years of experience and training in working with the body, breath, meditation and mindfulness. I taught yoga for 10 years, have undertaken training with Know Your Own Health (2016) and also worked as an NHS Health Coach. I have also worked as an EAP counsellor for Axa PPP and as a specialist alcohol counsellor for Action for Change. Formerly I worked as a solicitor and have run a business. Feedback from clients shows me to be approachable, professional and easy to talk to. I bring a wide experience of life to my counselling practise as well as intelligence, sensitivity and commitment to do the best I can with my clients.
In line with my confidentiality policy, I don’t publish the many testimonials I’ve received from clients. Please contact me if you would like to discuss the work I do and how I can help you.